Stop 4: G.I.Pimonovič

Not far away (barely 250 meters to the south) in the wood is standing stone with an inscription commemorating the last refuge of a designated place of death of 23rd October 1944. His more than two and half year illegal stay in our area is associated with a number of the local, patriots, heroes and victims.

Grigorij Iljič Pimonovič – personality of regional resistance

After 15 March 1939 in the Protectorate shaped anti-fascist resistance especially among the officers of the former Czechoslovak army. Of soldiers reserve assembled staffs and departments with a view to later use against the occupiers, the issue of anti-Nazi publications , and communication with the London government. Gestapo took hardly action on them. They executed even the Prime Minister Eliáš. In 1942, the situation is changing. There is forming a local resistance groups from underground. It is usually, around our people constantly wanted and persecuted, escaped Soviet prisoners or air shipped paratroopers in the Protectorate from London. In February 1942, appeared gamekeeper from Radošice Josef Šťastný in division Behind Rivers three escaped Soviet war prisoners. Hungry and poorly dressed in bitter cold, were at risk of freezing to death. Regardless of all the risks, he took care of them along with other citizens of Radošice, they ensure them food, clothing and accommodation by the end of March. Then he moved them to the vicinity of the shaft Jakub in Kasejovice to care of miners from Pribram, who at that time in Kasejovice and Kocelovice worked. They moved them to environs of Rožmitál and Pribram. Meanwhile, the 29th April 1942 was dropped off in Věšín five members of unit: Intransitive and Tin. In the middle of May, Gestapo discovered them nearby Písek and found out about previously assistance Viktora family from Věšín. Six family members Viktor was arrested and executed in Klatovy. Helpless prisoners under constant threat, then use only the occasional one-time assistance of anonymous supporters. Hard times during Heydrichiade, after the burning of Lidice, where everyone is worried about what comes next, ultimately survived with the help of the resistance group Ing Lízla, Hovorka and Pompl, to which also belonged gamekeeper Konigsmark and Krýtký from Starý Smolivec. The rest of 1942 and throughout the following year, 1943, the two of them Vězděněv and Pimonovič moved in Starosmolivecký forest district and nearby. They were most often the granite-query Baština in the woods between the Old and Smolivcem Hvožďany where the Krátký was head. Spent the night in a shed used for stonemason like dressing room, where they could heat up. To illustrate the situation lets recall parallel events by the end of 1943. In November 1943 the Gestapo have arrested in Pribram Jaroslav Stangl and Anna Kilianová. They found them, among other things, unfortunately, a list of names and addresses of the members branched group, which they led. The after-effects were disastrous. Over 150 people were detained and 67 people sentenced, including thirty to death (mainly from Příbram, Blatná and Strakonice). There were among them, in Mladý Smolivec hidden, deserters Soviet prisoners of Ivan Ruděnko and Richard Ilnickij. Immediately after the arrest were transported to Terezin and hanged. On 16th November 1943 fared well two other prisoners, who were stashed by Josef Polak in not using store of ammunition in the Hora mine at Kocelovice. Rožmitál resistance group survived the fall of 1943 without losses. Conversely, during the spring and summer 1944 is numerically expanded in order to prepare diversion. From Smolivce moved there and Lieutenant Vězděněv. G. I. Pimonovič stayed in the Old Smolivci used primarily hospitality of Krátký family. He devoted himself to painting landscapes and portraits from photos.  Since the operation of the quarry near Pozdyně was quite muted, he was lacking shelter. Krátký decided to build one on the west side of the hill Koceň and the other for the stream in the forest Vypálený. During the hunt for hares on Sunday 22nd October 1944, beaters but accidentally found chimney protruding from the ground cover in the forest Vypálený. Due to the number and composition of the shooters, the matter could not conceal. Pimonovič did not dare go back into dicovered hiding. It was until Monday afternoon; Ms Krátká gave him into basket can with potato soup and a loaf of bread send him to another shelter in Koceň. From the shelter Vypálený, he wanted just take a compromising things, especially photos. Unfortunately, there came the most inconvenient moment, commandos had encircled the place. In the unequal struggle was overwhelmed. He shot only one policeman. Last bullet he kept to himself. Gendarmes fired shelter by burning straw, to prevent further gunfights. Dead took to Blatná, where he was buried.

Brief data on the monument can be supplemented as follows: GIPimonovič came from a village Ivanovka in Kirghiz USSR. After he completing secondary technical schools served as a soldier in the first year of basic services near the Soviet border. In captivity he fell in the early days of the attack on the USSR. He was hiding in our neighbourhood over two and a half years. He died at the age of 24 years.

If the cause of disclosure and capture Pimonoviče was an accident, the death blow to Rožmitál revolt led by the Gestapo on the basis of information deployed informers J. Fiala and Z.Šindeláře. On 25th October 1944 the saw Voltuš were surrounded and arrested six people. The next day they attacked gamekeeper's house the On Dědek. Gamekeeper Köniksmark and son were shot his, wife arrested. Another blow came on the 2nd December. In the Habada´s house in Rožmitál arrested five persons, including for the long time wanted Hovorka. 17th January 1945 arrested Mr. Lízl and 18th January in Pribram got Vězděněv in Vítovský´s house. They total arrested around 30 people. In the 23rd March 1945they executed six, 4th April 1945 eight, 19th April five, executed 20th April Hovorka and Habada. The last was executed on 2nd May 1945 in Pankrác Vězděněv. Rudolf Krátký, Pimonovič´s the main protector, was arrested and jailed on the 20th February 1945. (He was probably revealed during one of the harsh Hovorka´s interrogation). In Terezin succumbed totyphoid infection and died on the 27th April 1945 at the age of 42 years. He left a widow with four children. His sacrifice is commemorated by a plaque on the monument to the fallen in the Starý Smolivec.

Two stones with inscriptions are now everything reminds courage, determination and the death of two local representatives of the anti-fascist resistance. Dozens of others, these heroes and selfless patriots, who did not hesitate at that time, felt into oblivion.

Obec Mladý Smolivec, Mladý Smolivec 95, 335 01 Nepomuk, telefon: 371 585 145,

webdesign: Spinao s.r.o.